Unleashing the Inner Boolean Spirit

Once upon a time, there was a little girl who hates Math. She loathes the subject so much. She hates numbers. She hates fractions. She hates problems and everything in Math. Luckily, her best friend was a Math geek. Every time, they have assignments in that subject, they conduct group study. But she never liked Math so she just copies her best friend's assignment. (#Bad)

When she entered high school, they separated ways. Her best friend studied in a different school, far away from her. The girl got scared. "What will happen to me now? Nobody will help me understand Math," she said. 

She struggled at first. The Mathematics in elementary was way easier than the mathematics in secondary. She strive harder. The funny thing is, she became good in Math. What's funnier? She was chosen in her year level to be one of the representatives in a Mathematics contest. For four consecutive years, her team never failed to make it to the oral phase. She was good. Or so she thought. She eventually loved Math. Especially Algebra. 




Then she entered college. Little did she know that her love for Algebra will vanish in a single snap. She heard her friends rant about Boolean algebra but she never thought that she would do that to. She thought their lessons in this will get better but as time passes by nothing changed. It seems like she is being tested. Can she still do this? Of course yes. 


I want to be honest to myself and admit that I am having difficulties. I swear, I understood Prof. Drio's explanation in the lab so I went back to the dorm determined to finish the exercise given that same day. However when I looked at it again, everything I remembered became blurry. I tried to answer it but in some parts, I can't so I asked for my friend's help who happens to be an Applied Mathematics student here. She agreed to help. I just hope that what she taught me was really correct so I will get a high score in the exercise. Let it be known here that I'm trying. I'm trying so  hard. 

Sometimes, I feel like giving up because I honestly experience many difficulties in my subjects. But I'm not. Someone told me that life in UP is really tough. I'm not giving up because I know I'm lucky to be here. I'm one of those aspirants who made it here in the university. I need not to think of giving up because I have a lot of dreams to fulfill and this is the stage where it is almost within reach. I need to prep up because these are just small obstacles. Small obstacles that I can overcome. (#NeverGiveUp)

0 (mga) komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento